1. Quantize the notes as described in previous blogs, such as August 2011.
2. Save your project. (a "duh" I know... but "how to" instructions should include everything!)
3. Turn OFF "SNAP TO GRID" (under CONTROL in GarageBand).
4. Go into the Notation View (snowflake at bottom left in GB) and select "PIANO ROLL."
5. Highlight at least one music note, then select all notes (Control-A).
6. Decide on ANY single note that is Count 1 in a measure. If that note is not "bumped" right up to the measure line, re-check your quantizing.
7. With all notes still selected on the track, CLICK AND HOLD on the note from Step 6. Very slowly move the note a SPECK to the left. A fraction, a bit, a hiccup to the left... whatever wording you'd like! Now the "quiet" part of the note does come "early" -- but what you hear is the solid hit right on the measure bar.
8. Turn ON "SNAP TO GRID" and
MUCH JOY TO YOU as you continue to develop your song -- with MIDI instruments that no longer sound lagging!
©2012 DianaDee Osborne; all rights reserved